Winter temperatures will be higher than normal with below-normal snowfall for Salem. Summer is expected to be drier than normal this year. That being said, the ever-changing weather conditions pose a great challenge for your Salem gutters.
Proper Gutter Care
During a rainstorm, gutters direct excess water from your roof to where it can be drained away from your home. Needless to say, your gutters play a big role in protecting your windows, doors, siding, and the overall foundation of your home.
Here are some good upkeep suggestions:
- Conduct regular inspections. One way to keep it in good condition is to conduct regular inspections. We don’t recommend climbing up the roof yourself because it’s too risky. You can use a pair of binoculars instead. Using this tool, thoroughly inspect your gutter system: check for leaves, twigs, tree branches, and other debris. If you find any of these, then it’s best to have an expert do the cleaning for you.
- Inspect for rust, deformities, and other issues as well. If you live in an old house, chances are your gutters need some repairs or even replacing.
- Trim tree branches. If you happen to have huge trees that are too close to your roof, it may be best to have them cut or trimmed. You never know when strong winds will blow branches off onto your roof, which may result in gutter and roof damage.
- Have damaged gutters fixed immediately. Don’t wait to have your gutters repaired or replaced. Letting them sit after hailstorm damage will only worsen their condition.
- Get an anti-clog gutter protection system. These are designed to prevent leaves and debris from congesting your gutters. Its special hood permits water to flow naturally while allowing debris to fall so they can be flushed out of the system.
So keep your gutters in Salem in perfect shape. For more information on gutter care and protection systems, just call us at A&A Services today. Our team will be more than happy to help.
Category: News and Events Tag: