Spring is Siding Time!
Monday, April 16th, 2018 by John Wagenknecht
With spring here, it’s time to start thinking about some much-needed home improvements. One big way to enhance the long-lasting appeal, longevity and beauty of your home is to install siding. This is the perfect time to think about siding installation. If you do it now, you won’t spend your summer taking care of your old wood siding. Who wants to waste their weekends in the hot sun painting, peeling and cleaning? Not you!
Spring is an ideal time for this project for many reasons, including:
- Energy Efficiency: If you were amazed at how high your heating bills were over the winter, this is the time to do something about it. Because your existing wood siding no longer provides proper insulation for your home, replacing it with new siding now will help keep your home cooler this summer and your energy bills down.
- Mild weather: The mild temperatures of spring allow vinyl siding installation projects to go more smoothly. Installing siding at the height of the summer can be difficult because the hot temps cause the material to expand, leading to imprecise measurements around windows and doors. Installing in the winter means the weather is too cold and siding can become brittle.
- Buyer Appeal: If you plan on selling your home, spring is historically the best time to do it. Buyers are out in full force ready to put in an offer on the house of their dreams. New siding will boost your property value and curb appeal at this critical time.
Types of Siding
From vinyl to fiber cement, you have many materials to choose from. Each has its own benefits. We install both types here at A&A Services Home Improvement. Let’s take a look at each:
Vinyl: Extremely versatile for all kinds of homes, this may be your best option in terms of cost effectiveness and durability. You get the authentic look of real wood minus the high cost and maintenance. Vinyl siding will never peel, chip or rot. Plus, you won’t ever have to paint it, which saves you time. We trust CertainTeed for our vinyl siding products, which are available in:
- Horizontal and vertical panels
- Shakes, scallops, shingles, fish scales
- Traditional clapboard
- Beaded designs
Vinyl siding can also withstand high winds up to 110 mph or higher, with the ability to resist heat, cold and moisture.
Fiber cement: With the ability to mimic any style of siding, from cedar shingles to wood to stucco, fiber cement siding can resist fire, wind, bugs and wood rot. This is also a very durable option, with little to no maintenance required. We trust James Hardie fiber cement siding for all our siding installation projects.
Choose from a variety of styles, such as traditional, lap, staggered edge, straight edge, half round, vertical and artisan (designed to maintain historical accuracy).
Contact A&A Services Home Improvement
Serving Salem, Peabody, Marblehead and the North Shore in Massachusetts since 1982, A&A Services Home Improvement is proud to offer our clients the highest quality home improvement services available. To learn more about our siding options, call us at 978-741-0424 or get a free estimate online.
Category: News and Events Tag: