Checking up on your roof in spring and early summer can help you diagnose any potential problems that could come up. A well-maintained roof can help protect your home longer, keeping you, your family, and your possessions safe from the weather. Getting a new roof may be an expense you aren’t prepared for, but with maintenance and repairs this spring, you can still get the most out of your current roof.
What to Watch Out For
The first step in properly maintaining your roofing in Peabody, MA begins with a roof inspection. As professionals who are committed to providing excellent roofing services, A&A Services would like to help you identify any possible damage to your roof and have them repaired. These are some of the things that we will be watching out for:
- We will be looking for any sagging spots in the roof deck. Sagging spots could be an indication of structural issues on the deck.
- We will check for signs of roof leaks. Leaks are a clear sign that something is wrong with the roof. We will look for the source of the leak, isolate it, and then repair any damage it may have caused.
- We will look for signs of outdoor light getting into the attic. Just like a roof leak, this is another indicator of a roof problem. Holes on the roof that allow sunlight to get in may compromise the insulation of your home and cause heat buildup and other problems, but by having A&A Services take care of it, you won’t have to worry.
- We will check for any signs of shingle damage. Missing, curling, or buckling shingles could be indicators that the shingles have reached the end of their life expectancy.
- We will inspect the flashing. Flashing is the metal covering the valleys and roof protrusions such as the chimney. If it is loose or damaged, this could allow water to seep into your home. Have us give the flashing a check so we can provide the necessary repairs to prevent any long-term problems.
Once any of these problems are identified, A&A Services is the Peabody, MA roofing contractor that you can call for assistance. For more information on roof maintenance in spring, feel free to give us a call today.
Category: News and Events Tag: